Then, make a bunch of food and let everyone mix and match. Our final line-up:
- Crudites and herbed yogurt dip
- Fat-free and regular hummus (homemade)
- Pita bread, salsa, hard pretzels, and tortilla chips (store bought)
- Baked macaroni and cheese
- A winter ratatouille
- Plain pasta
- Salad greens with roasted squash and a maple vinaigrette
- Undressed salad greens
- A "gridiron" of brownies (with Hugs and Kisses for the X's and O's)
- Jell-O footballs
- Plus our friends' contributions of spicy pickles, a big football-shaped fruit tart, and little football-shaped s'mores.
So, all in all, it was not your typical Super Bowl spread, but a lot of bowls were involved. Leftovers for dinner tonight!